Monday, March 13, 2006

Construction Site

I had the privilege this weekend to visit the new house of a student in my small group. The house still has a lot of work to be done before it is ready to move in, but you can tell that the house will be very nice once completed. The one thing that I noticed as I walked around the house both inside and outside is that it was a mess. While they had picked up some things there where wood shavings all over the place. The outside was a complete disaster, they had a big trash dumpster outside, but wood, broken bricks, buckets, and other items where laying all over the place. The thing is it looks like every other construction site that I have been, a complete mess. My life seems to be a lot like that construction site, a really cluttered place. How often do I doubt, fail, and struggle in my faith? How often do I go to church only to look at other people and compare myself to them and how they seem to have it all together? In a few months when there house is finished all of the things that are cluttering up the house will be gone. A new work has been started in me; I am being rebuilt in the image of Christ. In doing so it can be messy, but as Paul tells us in Philippians 1:6 the work will be completed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home