Thursday, April 13, 2006

Here am I Use Me!


I write this from Ewing, IL and we have just completed day one of the.element. This day as just been awesome, even though I am very tired I am still to excited to go to sleep. Two things I want to share before I do head upstairs to go to bed, first the students worked very hard today. Second it is just so awesome to see the love of Christ being share by them and how his hand is guiding them. The work the students did for the shelter surprised the people there, the list of things they wanted us to get done over the two days was finished by lunch. I left and some other exciting things took place that I will share tomorrow, because I hope to take part and will share my experiences then. I wish to share one more thing that really demonstrated patience, the working of God, and the faith to believe the he will continue to work even after we have returned home. One of the groups was going around the community just offering help to people that looked like they need it, one of the students so a man doing some yard work so they asked if they could help. The man that they helped was at a church, not necessarily the people we where looking to help, but feeling that his who the Lord wanted us to help, a group stayed and helped finish of the yard work. That was this morning later that afternoon I was driving around and so an elderly lady working in her yard, so I called the group and the came over to see if they could help. The lady’s house was over 100 years old and it looked like the original roof and trim. The house was in bad shape, so Aaron spent some time talking with her to see if we could help. She told him she did not really like kids, rough since we have 13 Jr. Higher’s sitting in the van; which is fine because even though the yard work would have been nice for us to do, they key is we where willing to do something, so we stopped to find out if she need help. She did! More help than we could have given her today. We found out that she had spent the entire winter in the house with no heat; I know it is Southern Illinois but you still need heat in your house. With no heat she got pneumonia and was finally recovering from her sickness. Know here is the big God thing, this lady lives about 3 blocks from the church that we did yard work at that morning. I pray that this church will be able to help this lady in their community, I have faith that God is working in others who are praying the same thing we are; “God here am I use me!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home